How to pass difficult days happily?

 

No, don’t get me wrong. It is not possible to pass difficult days happily because difficult time is unhappy time when you have to struggle a lot. There is little hope of coming out of the tough condition. Still, you can be happy. Is it? Yes, it is possible.

I know that most of you are skeptical about it. You would think that I have written this post to just increase page views for my blog. I am just giving you some motivational speech without any real substance. I don’t blame you for having such idea but then, if you look at people all around you, you will notice that most people are passing difficult condition.

You are lucky if you have 3 decent meals a day and have some kind of shelter called home. Millions of people are hungry, millions of people are poor in the richest country on earth USA. This it not fairy tale just google about poverty in USA, illiteracy in USA etc and you will find it.

Just read the two reports:

The Americans who can't read- BBC

Low Literacy Levels Among U.S. Adults Could Be Costing The Economy $2.2 Trillion A Year- Forbes

People living in not so rich countries suffer even more. Now, let’s take a look at India:

According to FAO estimates in ‘The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World, 2020 report, 189.2 million people are undernourished in India. By this measure 14% of the population is undernourished in India. (Source)

India houses 24% of world's malnourished; 30% of stunted children under 5

India home to 46.6 million stunted children, a third of world's total: Global Nutrition Report 2018

All right, you got the picture now. Things are bad enough for most people in most of the countries. That does not mean that they are always unhappy or only rich people are happy. If we look at their life then we will notice that they pass their life just like everyone else. If possible, try to take a closer look at their life. You do not have to be a journalist or a writer to be a keen observer. Just try to understand the source of their satisfaction and happiness.

Yes, this is life. Life is full of emotions of different kind. Sometimes, we are happy, sad, excited, worried etc. This applies for almost all the people. We just need to look around us. May be the idea of Catharsis can help us. What is it:

Catharsis (from Greek κάθαρσις, katharsis, meaning "purification" or "cleansing" or "clarification") is the purification and purgation of emotions—particularly pity and fear—through art[1] or any extreme change in emotion that results in renewal and restoration.

This where appreciation of literature can come handy. In a world full of comic relief and happy endings in novels, TV series and in movies, tragic dramas and movies can perhaps give us some mental consolation that life is not always fair. Life can be very cruel at times.

On the other hand, classic novels can encourage us to stay motivated during tough times. Oliver Twist gives us the message to remain good even when everyone beside us are evil. You see in classic novels; we can find the characters who are similar to us. We can find some boys like Oliver in our society. We can learn from The Count of Monte Cristo that you can always come back from very extreme situation.

Then we have our family, friends, neighbors and relatives for support and comfort. We support one another in life and some people will support you no matter how much difficult your life becomes. However, in the end, it depends on you.

Many people suffer because they are unfortunate or unlucky, life is not fair. Sometimes, we are in the wrong time and wrong place, wrong condition. If you want to get out of the sufferings then one thing you have to avoid is being lazy. Laziness and irregularity can become very dangerous and millions of people fail only for this.

If you are serious, regular and hard working then you will come out of failure sooner or later. We often overlook our mental strength. This is one of the major reasons of failure in life. 

Comments

  1. Dear sir, always I love the way you talk about classic novels & these characters like Oliver Twist, Count of Monti Cristo always motivates me lot & give me much courage to fight with my surroundings. And Alhamdulillah I am doing well, because I am lucky to have your guidance which made me most active person in every situation for a long time. Sometimes I feel tired and down also, but I can overcome any depression & disappointment so quickly on my own way.
    I am really so grateful to you sir. Your writing is a tonic for me always. Before going to sleep this blog post just has given me much peace & I can go for a sound sleep now with lots of dreams. 😇😇

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is never fair but we can make it fair in our possible way to live the life we wanted by focusing on our dreams and by keeping our thrust for knowledge alive.

    All the classic dramar depicts real life situation and the hero suffers most at the same time the hero teaches us the way of living. In every situation you need to keep your head up and step forward by thinking about good days..
    Now a days I do the same in distress.

    Thank you so much vaia for such a good article which is really helpful in our life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read any classic novel then I introducing with life again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you sir, for this write up.
    To follow your guide line, I have read several classic novels. Those stories teach me how to face problems and lived a balanced life. For this reason, I have now more confidence about my dreams than previous.
    We know life never goes on a straight way. Sometimes situations will be hard to deal with because life is never fair for everyone. We have to accept this truth at first and keeps our patience. Remember that time will be change if we have that courage to fight with any situations.
    However, I believed that I will be motivate myself in my worse situations and surely find a way to survive. This mental strength I have gained from all classic’s characters.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Indian Cinema Industry Suffering During Covid Situation

Welcome to Hobby Economist Blog

Top hit Bollywood movies of 2000s